About the Administration Console
- Config File Options — Implement a static/dynamic configuration
- Storage Management — Configure report, theme, folder and template file storage
- Data — Establish how to connect to data sources and determine what data should be exposed to users. Configure system-wide variables called Parameters.
- General — Modify global settings of Exago to enable/disable features.
- Roles — Create and modify security Roles for individuals or groups of users.
- Functions — Create and modify custom functions to make calculations on reports.
- Aggregate Functions — Create and modify custom aggregate functions.
- Filter Functions — Create and modify custom filter functions
- Server Events — Create and modify custom code that is run when reports execute.
- Action Events — Create and modify custom code that activates when a certain condition in the application is met.
- Custom Options — Create and modify custom options that can be set on reports.
Accessing the Administration Console
Once Exago is installed, navigate with a web browser to
http://<Your Server>/<Exago Web Alias>/Admin.aspx.
It is recommended to protect access to the Admin Console by setting values for the General > Other Settings > User ID, Password and Confirm Password settings.
Once Exago is configured and working, access to the Admin Console should be completely disabled. The Admin Console should never be accessible in a production environment. For more information, review the Security Checklist.
Aside from the obvious security concerns by exposing the Admin Console in production, any changes made to the system configuration will invalidate all current user sessions causing an unsatisfactory user experience. For more information, review Modifying Configs in a Production Environment.
Through the main menu you can:
- Configure the Storage Management system
- Create Data Sources, Data Objects, Joins, Parameters, Roles, and Custom Functions.
- Edit settings for: Data, Roles, Functions, and General features.
- Delete Data Sources, Data Objects, Joins, Parameters, Roles, and Functions.
- Automatically discover data source objects and metadata.
Click the Collapse icon to hide (or restore) the main menu.
The right section of the Admin Console is made up of tabs containing menus to create and modify administrative settings.
To save the changes made in a tab click Apply or Okay.
Tabs can be closed with or without saving by clicking the Close icon to the right of the tab name.
Tabs may be arranged by clicking and dragging them as desired.
WebReports.xmland an encrypted XML file named
WebReports.xml.enc. These files are created and saved in the
/Configsub-directory of Exago’s installation location. It is recommended to use this as the live version of the config in a production environment. Copy
WebReports.xmlto a secure backup, and then delete it from the
Creating Additional Configuration Files
As part of the integration of Exago you may want to create alternative configuration files in addition to
WebReports.xml. Additional configuration files can be utilized in two ways:
- If entering Exago directly, the configuration file to be used is specified in the Custom Styling.
- When entering through the API the configuration file to be used is specified in the API Constructor Methods.
To create additional configuration files:
- Navigate to the Administration Console in a web browser.
- Append “?configFn=NewConfigFile.xml” to the URL replacing
NewConfigFilewith the desired configuration file name.
- Click in the URL bar and press enter.