Support Services Plan
The purpose of the Support Services Plan is to provide guidelines on product urgency, turnaround defect fixing time, and definition of what types of issues are escalated to the Licensor on general application or technical questions. It is understood that needs may vary greatly over the course of usage of the Software and as new releases are offered. It is also understood and agreed that Licensor shall only provide second tier support to Licensee and that Licensor shall not provide any maintenance or support to Licensee’s customers or Clients. Prior to contacting Licensor, Licensee will have this information available to expedite the support process:
- Version of the product currently in use
- Database platform and corresponding version
- Operating environment (Licensee’s PC and network)
- A detailed description of the problem
- Urgency (see below)
- High – Licensee is in production, and the Software is down. No one has access.
- Medium – Licensee is in production and is able to use the system, but needs help with a problem/question.
- Low – Licensee is installing the software and is not in production.
- The severity level of the issue.
- How many other clients have reported the issue.
- The degree of impact the fix would have on the rest of the program code and user base.
- Fatal (Emergency Bug Fix)
- System consistently crashes and there is no work-around
- Major function that would impact a majority of the customer base and there is no work-around
- Critical calculations are not correct and there is no work-around
- System crashes on a consistent basis and there is a work-around possible
- A feature of function is out of compliance and there is a work-around possible
- Major function is not working (e.g., you are unable to save new data) and there is a work-around possible
- Several clients are impacted and there is a work-around possible
- Minor functionality error and work-around exists
- User interface problems occur (e.g., a field label is being truncated or a spelling error appears)
- Does not affect client’s ability to process information
|Fatal||1 day||Continuous commercially reasonable efforts to deliver a solution within 2 days of acknowledgement|
|Severe||2 days||Continuous commercially reasonable efforts to deliver work-around within 4 days of acknowledgement. Final fix delivered in a subsequent release|
|Medium||5 days||Work-around already exists. Final fix delivered in a subsequent release.|
|Low||10 days||A future scheduled release|
* Acknowledgement refers to researching the defect and determining if it can be replicated at Licensor’s location.